About Me

Northern Territory, Australia
My husband and I met in June 1986 we were young, carefree and headstrong. 4 years later we learnt we were on our way with our first angel. As it turned out to be we conceived to 12 angels over the years and are extremely lucky to have 2 with us here today, our boy who was born in 2001 & our last angel a girl born in 2007. I would like to dedicate & share this blog, not only with our 12 angels, but with our family & friends, who have made our life so beautiful in so many ways.

Saturday, 20 September 2008

Alice Springs Beanie Festival










Being a lover of beanies, after 12 years of living in the Territory, I was lucky enough to be in Alice Springs at the time the 2008 A.S Beanie Fest was on and it was my first time to get to go.

Even my husband came along, but said when we were inside "You go ahead, I'll wait outside for you, it's not my cup of tea". Even though I felt sad to see him go, I had to smile when I caught sight of the tea cosys lined up just beside us. Our boy came with me, he really enjoyed it and tried on alot of beanies, but did not want buy one for himself. Every bit of six years he is, he said to me that he did not need one and it was because he had mine (the one I had made for him), but wanted me to buy one for his sissy, which we did.

The Beanies were there for everyone buy and you could not buy one for under $15.00 I was told and the most expensive one I saw was priced at $185.00, but there could have been more expensive ones. There were sets made too: Beanie with scarf & gloves. And the Center was packed full of Beanies & people and taking photos was very difficult (people walking in front of you, being bumped continuously, trying to find a space to take a photo). It was a beautiful morning and was 2, nearly 3 hours before our boy & I emerged with a Beanie for our girl.

You can view the link to find out more about the outcome of this years festival.

No comments: